[Gambas-user] Question on string[]

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Dec 14 17:51:42 CET 2004

Bonsoir Laurent,

Laurent Carlier schrieb:
> Le Lundi 13 Décembre 2004 15:19, Eilert a écrit :
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I just found that it's possible to re-define a module-public string
>>array from within the same sub - is that allowed?
>>
>>static myArray as string[]
>>
>>sub myProcedure()
>>.
>>.
>>.
>> myArray = new string[]
>>.
>>.
>> myArray.Add(something...)
>>end sub
>>
>>So if I call myProcedure again, no complaint, and everything runs
>>through again like expected :-) But - what happens here? Is myArray made
>>  again, i. e. like REDIM or is a copy made? Buffer overflow...?
>>
>>Rolf
>>

> The first myArray is a global variable, the second one is a local variable.
> In myProcedure sub, you have only access to the local one (as it have the same
> name !) and of course this one is destroyed at the end of the sub.

No, the first myArray is an object which is Null if not initialized. In
the myProcedure it is initialized, but everyone within that module has
access to it. That is necessary because this array may be needed e. g.
for inserting data into a tableview.

What I wanted to know is just, may I make ever new ones over and over
again, or will I run into some buffer problems at some point?

Rolf