[Gambas-user] 2 ?'s: Hide Tabs? and Special Characters

Chris Wilson blixtra at ...626...
Wed Dec 8 02:59:37 CET 2004

Hi,

I need to have 3 different views in my program(language school admin).
 In glade I'd just make a notebook(tabstrip) and choose hide tabs.
Orientation has "top" and "bottom" to choose from but no "none". I'd
like to get the tabstrip functionality w/o the actual tabs being
shown.  The user chooses a view from a drop down and it goes to the
appropriate tab page.

Is this possible with gambas. If not what, would you suggest? I'd
assume having 3 Hpanels on top of each other and showing the selected
one.  This is however makes it more difficult to design and edit
because I have to keep bring the one I want to edit to the top.

Second question, When I view my data in the database manager umlauts
and the swedish a with the circle over it and such look fine but in my
program I'm getting 2 squares.  What's the secret

Thanks,
Chris