[Gambas-user] gDBM

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Tue Dec 7 22:18:09 CET 2004

Salut Benoit,

I forked your 'gambas database manager' , because of the saved password.

Here I send you my first results.

Starting from the point that passwords saved in plain text are not good.

I said, also 'my passwords', saved in plain text, in my location (home) can be
read only by me or root (or other root like admins) !!
So I can save them, for easy access.

BUT... I give an information to the user, that the password will be saved.

For non system.user (user <> logged in user) I give an additional ATTENTION
message  for that.

If user tries to start  Server, where PW is not saved, he will have the
possibillity to enter the PW, via an Inputbox like dialog to start them.

I also worked on the request form, to make it a bit more usable.

If you like you can take it back, or parts of , to your origine DBM.

Amicalement
Charlie