[Gambas-user] Problem with DB drivers

Technoferret technoferret at ...598...
Mon Dec 6 12:38:57 CET 2004

I have gambas 0.99 installed that I compiled from the sources and have
been using it happily for a few weeks.
I have now decided to have a play at writing a small database app but
have found that when I compiled gambas the DB drivers were disabled.

I am now trying to compile gambas with DB support in the form of Mysql
drivers. I have got Mysql-server running on my system and have also
installed any mysql dev packages I can find but ./configure still brings
up the following:-

checking for MySQL driver headers... (cached) no
checking for MySQL driver libraries... (cached) no
configure: warning: *** MySQL driver is disabled

could someone please tell me EXACTLY what package (or packages) I need
to install to get the mysql DB driver to compile.

Thank you.

PS I'm using debian sarge and am trying to compile 0.99RC4

--
"All electronic components have smoke inside them, once this is released
they will cease to function."