[Gambas-user] Re: Re: Re: XMLReader: strange message

Toni Schornboeck toni at ...706...
Fri Dec 3 13:06:05 CET 2004

> And there is no GC in gambas.

Oh, I thought there is one...
That explains the problem with the circular references...

But I don't know any good solution :( at least none that fits into the
gambas way of doing things. What first came to my mind was boost::weak_ptr
(a C++ smart pointer which supports circular references). But I guess it
would not fit into gambas to have an object holding another object and doing
refcount.

If I ever come to a good solution I will let you know for sure.

Thanks for the help.