[Gambas-user] XMLReader: strange message

Toni Schornboeck toni at ...706...
Wed Dec 1 12:20:36 CET 2004

Hello.

I don't know wether it is a bug or a mistake by me.

I get the following message in the "direktfenster"(I'm using the german
version) (word by word translation: "direct window")

WARNING: circular references detected
RootElement (1)
TextElement (5)
BlockElement (2)
EmptyElement (10)
WARNING: 74 allocation(s) non freed.

RootElement, TextElement, BlockElement and EmptyElement are classes.
And the number is the amount of objects a created for each class.

The code parses a XML file and does some evaluation (some kind of very
trivial XSLT).

The circular references are there, because every Element yields a reference
to his parent.
I can't avoid this reference to parent and I see no reason to do so.

What can I do about it? Obviously gambas does not free all elements, or does
it even though this message? Is there something like a weak-reference or
stuff like that to tell gambas that the reference to parent is just a
pointer which doesn't own the pointee?

thank you in advance

Toni Schornboeck