[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas Documentation

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Aug 29 20:22:20 CEST 2004

On Sunday 29 August 2004 14:12, Marcelo Duschkin wrote:
> El Dom 29 Ago 2004 14:41, Rob escribió:
> |> I have started writing a "Gambas for Penguins" book for
> |> newbies and VB users a couple times (work always gets me
> Can I help you in this job?
> I can do it in English and Spanish.

That would be wonderful.  I'll try to put together an outline we
(and anyone else who can help) can work from, and I'll put it on
the wiki.

What I've got in mind is somewhere between "Grokking the Gimp"
and "VB for Dummies(tm)", in terms of tone and audience.  I was
originally hoping that I could write the whole thing myself so
Binara would have its name on something concrete (and to make it
less of a hassle to get printed) but as with the documentation,
I'm sure it will work better with many people putting their
heads together.

I would like for it to be available in printed form somehow (I
know MANY programmers who need some kind of printed reference to
feel comfortable), and I think we should work out some
arrangement such that anyone who contributes can get it
published in his own country, or something like that.  It's not
that I really want to make money off of it, but that I dearly
wish to walk into Barnes and Noble someday and see a Gambas book
among the wasteland of VB ;)

Rob