[Gambas-user] SuSE 9.1 & 9.0

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Aug 26 22:10:17 CEST 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 21:53, Bodard Fabien wrote:
> Le jeudi 26 Août 2004 13:24, Michael Kuznik a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > when I made an executeable File (SuSE 9.1) an wan't to
> > execute it on 9.0 it dosn't work?
> > The Error message is:
> >
> > ERROR: #27: Cannot load component '/usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.qt.so':
> > /usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.qt.so: undefined symbol: _ZN9QComboBox4hideEv
> >
> > what must I do to get it work?
> >
> > Michael
>
> hi Michael...
>
> I think the problem come from your gambas installation on suze 9.0
> the qt component is not installed !
>
> regards,
>
> Fabien Bodard

No, it means that the installed qt library doesn't match the one used for
compiling the qt component. So maybe did you install gambas from badly made
binary packages ?

I need help about this problem, because I can only make binary packages for
the Mandrake. So if you are a SuSE user, for example, try to ask SuSE to make
correct packages for Gambas, with an intense lobbying :-) if you can't do it
yourself. I will put every information needed to make correct packages in the
sources before the 1.0.

I think the problem of binary packages will be solved one day, but it is not
as faster as I'd like!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...