[Gambas-user] .96 Dataset access

Craig Packard c0de3 at ...43...
Wed Aug 11 05:06:00 CEST 2004

I used to access my dataset with

rData["FIELDNAME"]

Now that crashes the program with a Signal 11.

The example also crashes on my system.  .95 worked .96
doesn't.  I also tried rData.Fields["FieldName"] but
that didn't work either.

Do we now have to do everything by passing SQL right
into the database?  As in we can't update our
recordset and then .update it to the database?

rData[FieldNumber] (ie. rData[0]) works but I hate to
use that as I might want to add a field one day.  Then
all my apps would break.   Plus it is hard as heck to
read.

            - Craig