[Gambas-user] File manipulation

Michael Sullivan michael at ...558...
Tue Aug 10 03:37:09 CEST 2004

I have a problem.  I'm trying to open a file from my program.  I have a
variable, myFilename, which I want to hold the name of the file.  I try
to assign it the filename:

myFilename = "/home/michael/system/ibackup_list"

but it keeps giving me this error:

Dynamic symbols cannot be used in static function at line 4 in
main.class

I counted down to line 4 (I wish there were line and column numbers
available on a status bar in the editor) and line 4 was my assignment
statement.  Is '/' a dynamic symbol in Gambas?  If so, what's the
correct syntax of my assignment?  Please help!