[Gambas-user] allocating a pty in gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Aug 9 20:46:06 CEST 2004

I'm trying to write an application, one of whose features is a
terminal emulator window in which an ssh session on a remote
host will be displayed.  But (as with the Console example),
there is no way to allocate a pty when you shell a process, so
many programs (like less, emacs, etc.) won't run or run
incorrectly.

I'm not asking for terminal emulation support.... we have our own
terminal type here and I'm implementing that myself.  But unix
programs work differently depending on whether they're run from
a terminal or not, and whether or not they're running in a pty
determines that behavior.

Is there some way I can fake this using clever use of the open
and shell commands, process objects, etc. or am I gonna have to
write another perl helper app (which would call the Perl builtin
IO::Pty class)? ;)

Rob