[Gambas-user] how to submit packages to mandrake contrib

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Aug 5 20:53:40 CEST 2004

Here is the procedure for submitting packages to Mandrake
contrib.  It's the same for C/C++ programs like gambas and for
gambas applications for which you have made RPM's.

1. Track down all the BuildRequires for your spec file (so that
the cooker guys can rebuild your RPMs on a clean Mandrake
install by just installing the build requires first) and make
sure they're listed.  If any packages you require are not part of
either cooker or contrib, you must submit packages for them as
well!

2. Run rpmlint on all the binary RPM's produced by your spec
file.  Fix any lines beginning with E: (the one about the
package being unsigned is okay to leave.)  Otherwise your
package will probably be rejected.  This is why I was making a
separate "libgambas0" package - otherwise, it will fail rpmlint.

3. Upload your .src.rpm file (which should be created along with
the binary rpm's after you rpm -ba your spec file) to
ftp.mandrakesoft.com:/incoming.

4.  Email a notice that you have uploaded the package (mentioning
the version, and a summary of its purpose, and a list of all the
binary packages it produces) to lenny at ...556..., and cc:
your message to the cooker list at cooker at ...557... (I
don't think you need to be a member, but I am.)

5. Wait some days or weeks for the cooker guys to rebuild your
binary packages and announce their existence on the cooker list.
(This is why I'm a member. ;) )

Rob