[Gambas-user] SPEED NEEDED !!!

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Aug 2 15:28:51 CEST 2004

On Monday 02 August 2004 04:11, budi at ...415... wrote:
> Rob, can you help me about that, some guide about stripping
> down the M.10 version. Where can i get it ?

I think it's an option during install now if you do it in
Advanced (or is it Expert?) mode.  Uncheck everything on the
package categories page ("server", "KDE workstation", etc.) and
it will ask you if you want to install a bare bones X server and
stripped down version of icewm.  (I have also done it with
sawfish, which has no start menu or task bar of its own, when I
want the gambas app to be the only thing the user can run.)
Also, if you check "Individual package selection" you will have
the opportunity to remove more packages on the following page
(don't worry, it shouldn't let you remove packages that the base
install needs.)

> Btw what do you mean by 'Frankestein' ?

Sorry, that must be an English or American idiom.  It is a
reference to the story "Frankenstein", by Mary Shelley, and
refers to something assembled from parts that are not really
supposed to go together, nonetheless works to some extent, but
may (figuratively speaking) cause your house to be set on fire
:)

Rob