[Gambas-user] SPEED NEEDED !!!

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Aug 1 07:16:37 CEST 2004

On Sunday 01 August 2004 00:06, budi at ...415... wrote:
> Can gambas run on previous version of mandrake (Version 7.x) ?
> I'm now figuring out to create multi user app. so, if i can
> use that version (not 10), the speed of Linux OS operation
> will be faster using P4 Processor. It's actually about booting
> time taken for OS to be ready to use untill the desktop is
> fully loaded.

Mandrake 7.x didn't even have Qt 2.x, let alone 3.x which is what
Gambas needs.  If you did all the stuff you needed to do in
order to get Qt 3 working in Mandrake 7.2, I think the speed
advantages would be negated anyway (and you'd probably be
running sort of a frankenstein 7.2/9.x version of Mandrake.)

Better to take a Mandrake 9.2 or 10.0 installation and strip it
down as much as possible.  It's actually easier to strip down
9.0 and above than it was to strip down 8.2 and earlier.

Rob