[Gambas-user] when gambas 1.00?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Apr 20 14:25:15 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 04:26, Premoli, Roberto [ITPPG/1010]
wrote:
> Now I redid the installation, but with TESTING flower.
> Of course, it will be not enough cos gambas asks for
> kdelibs4 (>= 4:3.1.1) that arent still (at yesterday)
> avaiable in UNSTABLE flower.

Sounds like whoever is packaging gambas for debian is using a
too-recent KDE.  But kdelibs 3.1.1 is at this point over a year
old (I'm running Mandrake 9.1 on my laptop still and that's what
version is on it), and I really don't see a problem with a brand
new piece of software requiring year-old libraries. ;)

I'm sorry, I take that back.  Mandrake 9.1 has KDE 3.1.0, and I'm
still able to build and use Gambas just fine.  What does debian
testing have, 3.0.4?  Because that's just ancient.  Part of
running a distro that prides itself on using stable, tested, and
outdated software is that you sometimes just can't run the new
stuff.  I don't think Gambas 1.0 will work any better for you in
your present situation than any of the alphas or betas have up
to this point.

Rob