[Gambas-user] Deployment information?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Apr 13 04:59:40 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 April 2004 18:30, Georg Brandl wrote:
> I looked around a bit and noticed that nowhere on the Gambas
> website (if I didn't overlook it -- could be too) is there any
> information about how to deploy gambas programs.

Well, if nothing else, there's a "make source tarball" command in
Gambas already and I submitted a patch against the last version
to add automatic RPM building, hopefully it will show up in a
new version soon ;)

> What I as a developer would want to know:
> - what files do I need to give away together with my programs
> - does the end user need to install/compile anything

If you build an RPM, the end user needs to have a gambas RPM
installed (or just my new gambas-runtime RPM if they're running
Mandrake.)  Otherwise, the user needs to have Gambas installed
and what's in the tarball produced by Gambas is enough to run
the app (in fact, the executable itself should be enough as long
as Gambas is installed on the target machine.)

I agree, someone should make a wiki page about deploying Gambas
apps.... I will not have time for a day or two myself.

Rob