[Gambas-user] Resize columnview column widths

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Apr 9 15:28:47 CEST 2004

Is there any one who know how I can block the auto resize of the columnview.
I want fixed width for the columns.

At every reload of the items in it this is set to the widest content of the
cell.
This way I lost the view of the right most columns.

It is even more stupid to reset them by code after all items are add.
What if i later add 1 item?
Clicking on a closed node opens it and again the sizes are f...up.
Again resize back by hand.
Valuable CPU and my time lost.

I need a program resetting the column width to my wished sizes.
A timer job to see if there is a view using it and set he width as I want!

Logn filenames? I wish the never inveted it.

Saving a letter to you grandma as
"Letter to grandma on 24-august-2023 about the stupid long filenames I hate so
much.doc"
Should be so nice a descriptive name regarding M$

Have you seen it in konqueror? where are the columns on the right side gone?
resize and resize and resize and ............... the whole day
They do it only to wider. if no need so wide they do not smaller.

I hate stupid QT widgets with this behavior.
Konqueror as filemanager has it to.

Still in my view the TreeView and ListView of VB are far better than QT.
only pro for QT is ColumnView using both in one View.

It is the most hated part of KDE/QT, i even hate it more as the bugs
in the KDE programs.

Arggg!  [:-(

Ron