[Gambas-user] Colorizing 'PRINT' output?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Apr 8 15:49:10 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 03:27, Adi Ron wrote:
> In order to make my application's verbose option to be actualy
> HUMAN READABLE (Yes, yes, by humans! ;) ) I was wondering, is
> there an option to set console output to have colors? Maybe
> through ANSI Colors?

Sure, but so far no one has written a library to send the control
codes (chr$(27) & "[m" followed by a number and a semicolon at
its most basic, if I remember right.... Google Is Your Friend)
so feel free ;)

It's also worth mentioning for completeness' sake that not all
terminals are ANSI-compatible, though all Linux console/xterm
type programs are that I know of.  Maybe it'd be worthwhile to
make a whole "curses" component which would have much of the
functionality of the Qt component, but for now I'd just suggest
writing a library of ANSI color functions.

Rob