[Gambas-user] telephone?

Adi Ron ronsholi at ...406...
Tue Apr 6 23:40:45 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 23:28, Lin---s.be wrote:
> Is there an easy way to communicate with the modem?
>
> This is what i would like to do :
>
> - answer the phone when ringing
> - play sound files
> - recieving the users options
> - ...
>
> The usual IVR stuff...
>
> Anyone had experience with any of this ?
>

> Looking forward to your answer !
>
> Andy

You may want to try and execute 'cat /modem/device/here' through Gambas and
try to interprate the values you get. Though, it's not going to be easy.
It'll be hard for you to understand what cat is trying to say, but I'm sure
you can grab books about it.

Gambas is not such an advanced compiler yet. And I doubt modem support will
ever be implanted in it as dialog modems are getting more rare over the
years. C sure has some kind of support for modems, the question is how hard
it is, because I guess it won't quite handle operations but will simply dumb
hex code as well.
--
"Why don't kernels have emotions yet?"
	--Adi Ron when asked about the future of Linux