[Gambas-user] command EXEC

Adi Ron ronsholi at ...406...
Tue Apr 6 22:26:51 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 20:04, Frank Berg wrote:
> hi,
>
> i try to code an GUI for the capisuite ISDN Capi answer maschine in suse
> 9.0, and now i try to play the voice file
>
> exec ("play","path/to/voicefile.al") wait
>
> if i write the play command in the console, sox is playing the recorded
> voice file, but if i execute this in gambas, there is an error text: sox
> cannot play the file: filename or path not found
>
> there are 2 users on my maschine... root and my.. both with same error
>
> the path ist over all dir structure set to permission free for user: root
> and group: users
>
> what is wrong??
>
> frank

I see.
Are you sure you have the exact filename there? If you do, and still, it
refuses to play anything you might want to use SDL instead to play the sounds
(I think it is implanted in Gambas). On the other hand it could be that you
are trying to access things that are shell depended and that might pose a
problem.

Will using 'exec' fix the problem? Unlikly, but still worth the try.

--
"Why don't kernels have emotions yet?"
	--Adi Ron when asked about the future of Linux