[Gambas-user] bug in function split?

Frank Berg frankberg at ...390...
Tue Apr 6 19:55:45 CEST 2004

hi ron, tnx for the answere but...

> If the comma is the default and in all your examples is no comma.
> Then you should have a array of only 1 argument, the whole string.
> for the last two

sorry ... my mistake.. ofcourse are the split command ," ")  importen in my
question..
and in all 3 split demos i will say : s=split("demo formattet
string",chr(32))   :-)

that what i will say is that the split command is to split an formattet
string back to the words..

frank++++berg++++++flensburg
benoit+++minisini+++++world

so, in bouth strings are 3 formatted words and the split command in VB will
return the 3 words back.. and no split character or empty arrays

gambas come back with an split_character_count-1 of empty array elements.

maybe it is in mathematik correct as it is, but it is not the correct way to
split an formattet string?? or is it???

frank