[Gambas-user] Ups ...0.92... I'v got a problem

Jesper Holm jholm at ...381...
Sun Apr 4 11:57:44 CEST 2004

Hi Charlie,

I use Gentoo as well, and I had the same problem with the seg-faults of the
gbi component. I took the rather radical approach and changed my CFLAGS to
"-march=pentium3 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer", and recompiled these
packages:

Binutils, GCC, glibc, Qt, and Kde.

All of the above to the latest stable versions. Before that I used a rather
aggresive optimization with O3 and -falign-functions etc. Skipping all these
optimizations has not had any impact on my system (Dell D800).

Afterwards Gambs compiles perfectly both from source and ebuild, though the eb
uild does not provide the help files.

You can also just comment out the gbi part in the Makefile, and it will most
likely compile. (but w/o info files of course)

Jesper