[Gambas-user] mysql error

Dominico ledominic at ...43...
Mon Sep 22 20:56:14 CEST 2003

I ran the sample application called "DataBase" that came with Gambas. When I try to connect to mysql, I received an error below:

Cannot open database: "can't connect to local Mysql server through socket "var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock (2)"

FYI: Maybe because I didn't know what to enter for the HOST, USERNAME, and PASSWORD fields. The application should create a new table if it doesn't exist though.

Do I need to install MYSQL on my redhat9 ? I remember installing a few mysql QT packages before installing Gambas. I don't know why the application is unable to locate MySQL.

Please help, Thanks.

Dominic