[Gambas-user] sig11 problem and hint

R Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Fri Sep 19 10:26:57 CEST 2003

Yes again one and may be a hint for checking if you got them.

Im making a program that can load and save files.
Using to do that gb.qt.Dialog as in the notepad example.

Now I want to see how and looks with different KDE Themes
and I added the gb.qt.kde component else it is not working.

After the addition of the gb.qt.kde component I got the errors.

After I got this I did read the help again and supprise!
The 'gb.qt.Dialog' help say's

  Dialog (class)
    o extends Dialog in gb.qt.kde compenent

This class......to call standard dialog boxes.

For the 'extends' mesage it sound realistic to me I have to add the
gb.qt.kde before I can use a Dialog, otherwise there is nothing to extend.

For the 'This class' this means in my view it does the job itself.
Approved by the fact that it works when the gb.qt.kde component not is used.

The help page gb.qt.kde (main page) say's it is transforming
the Gambas application.

For the Application the same rules, but now both extends each other.
Circulair bindings?

I expect the SIG11 problem can have to do with these two if
they are used and the gb.qt.kde is a included component.
Is it posible a naming conflict while both are called Dialog?
If true then we are missing the namespace system.

This means 'gb.qt.Dialog.SaveFile(sFile)'
       and 'gb.qt.kde.Dialog.SaveFile(sFile)'
to set the difference.

I did try it by using the example Notepad, compiles and working.
Add gb.qt.kde and compile is crashing with sig11.

BTW.
In the source, used as template, there can be a mistyped error ?

PUBLIC SUB SetModify(bModify AS Boolean)
  IF bModify = bModify THEN RETURN
  bModify = bModify
  RefreshTitle
END

I asume it must use the $bModify = bModify while the first is
the global and the second the argument at calling the sub.

The hint?
Disable the qt.qt.kde component if you get sig11