[Gambas-user] IDE Extention

R Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Fri Sep 12 07:25:08 CEST 2003

>> Are there some settings I have to look for and is there a
>> guide line how to make a compact result.
>
>Did you check "form controls are public" or "keep debugging information in=
>=20
>executable" ? These two options have an impact on the executable size.
And,=
>=20
>of course, adding data or images files in the project.
>
>> I know i.e. a global Float[10000] is asking for space.
>
>Not in the executable (except the variable declaration).
>
>> But my code are several subs called if a condition flag is set.
>>
>> In short, is copy gambas source dir from the installed .bz2 source
>> to the example dir, edit something, build the result file and copy
>> the result to the normal bin the proper way?
>
>I don't understand. The proper way for doing what ?

The remake of the gambas executable.
I did look again in the distribution directory and found not the
.gambas file as in my changed version. So the gambad executable
is already made I asume into the distubution.
A byte compare between the to directories marks only my changed files
so the project contains the same needed info I think.

Stay's only the question when I add two controls to the form with
event code to handle them why is it now 734kb instead 820kb for the orginal.
Time will learn anyway.

>> BTW the version info in the 0.65a .project is 0.62.56
>
>This must be updated by hand, and I forget it regularly.

This happens me sometimes too.

Thanks