[Gambas-user] Re: SuSE 8.2 and Gambas

R Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Sep 3 04:05:54 CEST 2003

Hi Benoit,

 For your request about installing on SuSE 8.2.

 I have compiled gambas 0.63 with the option --disable-db-component on
 SuSE 8.2 (no update, with qt 3.1.1 and KDE 3.1.1) and everything worked
 perfectly well.

 The only thing I had to do with 0.44 from SuSE was add a symbolic link in
 /usr/bin/ as libqt-mt.so to /usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.1.1 and a link
 as libqt-mt.so.3 was there from the SuSE instalation.
 I had only some warning at the middle part (posted before) for 0.44 and
0.63

 Compiling and installing gambas 0.65a with the
ption  --disable-db-component
 on the same system worked for me.
 Almost all warning were gone but only 3 warning regarding something about
moc
 moc_CMessage.cpp, moc_CPrinter.cpp, moc_CProgres with the message
 'No relevant classes found'. And as last one a datatype error.

 qeditor.cpp: In member function 'void QEditor::wrapline(int, int)':
 qeditor.cpp:4645/4647: warning: array subscript has type 'char'

 I have never seen "The program stopped unexpectedly by raising signal
#11...".

 The only other compile and install was TiMidity and compiled before Gambas.
 I had also some other downloaded from SuSE but never found them.
 Afterall I found it was in the KDE menu but not SuSE menu.
 It looks SuSE sometime exchange the SuSE and KDE menu entry position as
 KDE in SuSE and SuSE in KDE menu's. The default is SuSE menu and I didn't
 found Gambas till I changed the menu in Control Center to see the diffs.
 I was yelling the programs were wrong and did not install. Sorry for them.

 It is now for 14 day's on my barebone Asus Terminator having
 all I/O on board. 1 PCI slot on mainboard. Pentium Celeron 2200Mc

 Und Marco, wie hast du den SuSE 8.2 mit KDE 3.1.3 bekommen?  Ich
 habe nur mit FTP und nicht Yast ein Ordner gefunden mit manche Dateien
 aber kein installations Information wie Ich es installieren sol weiter
 functionierd es einfag und bin zufrieden damit.
 Ich ein teil fuer "http://www.nordphila.com" Briefmarken auktion das
 bieten formular in 5 sprachen gemacht. Dadurch etwas Deutsch ;)

 I must only learn to program in C/C++ or use Gambas, Basic is wel known for
 almost 20 years including a building an interpreter at the end of the 70's
 wich is used for several years in home made hardware projects with Z80 CPU.