[Gambas-user] Gambas and database....

Christian Sahastume christian.sahastume at ...11...
Wed Nov 26 20:56:24 CET 2003

Hello,

It's the first time i post on this list. I'm french, so excuse me for my bad
English......

I have a few questions about the database component before create an
application with PostgreSQL.

Example of a table:

Name	Type
------------------------
field0	serial  	(--> it will generate a sequence in database)
field1	char(30)
field2	char(30)
field3	OID (Object IDentifier for Large Binary Object)

OID is an integer which represent the link with the internal file postreSQL
create in is directory.

When i want to manage my database with gambas-database-manager, the field0 is
transform into "int4" and field3" into "text". My questions:
	- Is gambas destroy my sequence and can't manage oid?
	- Is gambas can do this 2 examples ?:
"INSERT INTO $database
(field1, field2, field3) VALUES ( $text1, $text2, lo_import (img.jpeg'))"

and do this?:
"SELECT lo_export ($database.field3, '/tmp/img.jpeg') FROM $database
where id= $Number"

regards.

Christian.