[Gambas-user] About Net documentation

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Nov 24 13:29:40 CET 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 07:30, danielcampos at ...282...
wrote:
>  I've been looking the new documentation (in progress), and I
> tried to begin to add documentation about "Net" component,
> however I don't know how could I add new files or links
> between them.
>
>  Editing "ArticleNetwork" was easy for me, but here it is more
> complex, and I'd didn't like to destroy all Wiki structure
> with a silly action :)

My most recent export program will create nodes for any component
classes that don't have them.  I'll try to update that to gambas
0.72 this morning and then you can just edit the pages :)

If you wanted to actually create them, you should look at the
wiki code for other class members (which basically just pulls in
an export file if it exists, and then has a space for examples
and further documentation) and name your stuff like this:

GambasComponentNetSomeClass for SomeClass
GambasComponentNetSomeClassMember for a method or property named
Member
GambasComponentNetSomeClassEventMember for an event named Member
GambasComponentNetSomeClassConstantMember for a constant named
Member

But I'd seriously suggest letting my export handle the initial
structure and just adding your stuff from there :)  I know this
defeats the purpose of a wiki for a huge chunk of Gambas
documentation (specifically the components) but at this point
with the combination of manually edited and automatically
generated docs on the same page, we're using the wiki software
for purposes far, far beyond those for which it was designed ;)

Rob