[Gambas-user] more static class confusion

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Nov 7 22:38:49 CET 2003

OK, so I converted my Loan class to not use any static methods,
and changed my little example form to instantiate a copy of Loan
like so:

PUBLIC Loan as Loan

and then in the form_open (or another sub)

Loan = NEW Loan

When Gambas reaches this line, it dies with "Class 'Loan' is
static".  If I leave it out, I get "Null object" when I try to
use Loan's methods, naturally.  If I leave out the PUBLIC Loan
as Loan declaration as well, I get "Loan.[method] is not static"
when it tries to run one of the methods.

Changing PUBLIC Loan as Loan to DIM Loan as Loan (in a method)
doesn't help either.  I even rm -rf'ed my .gambas subdirectory
of the project and grepped for the word static, and nothing
turned up.  What am I doing wrong?

The (new) offending version of the project is at

http://www.kudla.org/Finance-dynamic.tar.gz

Rob