[Gambas-user] finance library pre-release

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Nov 7 19:43:02 CET 2003

Here is a library I wrote called "Finance".  Ultimately I mean
for it to have a comprehensive set of financial functions like
those in Openoffice, VB and the perl Math::Finance module.  For
now, it just has the basic loan functions (with example form)
implemented from information I found in sci.math and in other
places around the net, and the beginning of a few investment
functions.

Please take a look if you have any use for this stuff, let me
know if any of the functions works especially badly (especially
on the loan side which is "done" as far as I know) and
contribute any functions or algorithms that work better than
what I have or that I haven't included yet.

You should be able to put it in your path and go

use Finance

and then

interestrate = Loan.rate(100000,600,360)

etc.

This is also available at:

http://www.kudla.org/Finance.tar.gz

for now.