[Gambas-user] gambas documentation again

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Wed Nov 5 19:47:54 CET 2003

Le Mercredi 5 Novembre 2003 08:00, Rob a écrit :
> OK, I spent some time tonight polishing up the new documentation
> extract, and from where I sit it's looking pretty good.  Please
> bash away at it and find any problems I have left.
>
> http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponent
>
> Rob

Hi, Rob,

Good job ! But you guess I have many remarks :-)

Here they are. I put a link so that you have an example of what I find wrong.

* You forgotten the point in the name of virtual class.
* You must make a difference between Object and Object[], otherwise one of the
two is not displayed. Same thing for each array class.

EX: http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentGb

* You should remove "(class)" from the title of class pages.
* The "Symbol" title is not necessary. I think the table is clear enough.
* The pages named "*Export" must not be displayed in the ReferenceBy. I didn't
find a way to do that !

EX:
http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentGbApplication

* You must ensure that you don't add HTML stuff that can't display on the
TextView of QT. Browse the help in the IDE to see what I mean: text lines
beginning with 'pre' are displayed. Note this could be a bug of the
TextViewer.

EX: No link.

* It will be cool if you could list children class. For example, in .Array,
displaying Date[], String[], Object[], ...

EX:
http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentGbArray

* If there is no event, or no property, or no method, it is not necessary to
display a void column in the symbol tables.

EX: http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentGbGb

* You forgotten the definition in constant pages.

EX:
http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentGbGbConstantBinary

* You forgotten the definition in event pages.

EX:
http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentQtControlEventMouseDown

* There is a bad interaction between a property that return a virtual object
whose class has the same name than the property. Click on the "Menus"
property in the "Window" page to see what I mean. Maybe you should name the
page "GambasComponentQtWindowPropertyMenus" and keep
"GambasComponentQtWindowMenus" for the class.

EX:
http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/GambasComponentQtWindow

That's all at the moment :-)

Benoit Minisini