[Gambas-user] gambas documentation

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Nov 5 00:36:39 CET 2003

I made some more progress on the wiki.  For one thing, I added a
node called IncompleteDocumentation (linked from the main page)
which will list all the pages that currently say "Not
documented".... so anyone who figures out how to use a method or
property that's not documented can now put a description in for
the rest of us, and it'll be included in the Gambas help browser
soonish :)

The reason I did that is because I wrote a program that finds
exported documentation from the info files that has no page
including it, and creates a "Not documented" page for that node.
As a result, while there are only about 30 undocumented pages on
the main wiki, there are about 440 on the test wiki. :)

I also started making export files for the component pages, and
even figured out how to insert child classes under their parents
(I think.... basically, any class that's used as a type in a
symbol of one and only one other class, I consider a child of
that class, and it seems to match up with what is already out
there and what Benoit has been saying.)  I haven't replaced the
existing component pages with them yet except for the Qt one
though, and again only in the test wiki.

I think I'm pretty close to having the new documentation ready to
go.  Please look it over, start adding documentation for the
classes and symbols that don't have any, and let's make the
Gambas 1.0 manual something to embarass Bill and the gang ;)

Rob