[Gambas-user] gambas 0.71

daniel danielcampos at ...277...
Sun Nov 2 20:28:01 CET 2003

 I'm afraid but 'Wait' does not work yet on gambas 0.71 without QT.
The little program I sent you the other day:

PUBLIC MyClient AS ClientSocket
PUBLIC SUB Main()
  MyClient=NEW ClientSocket
  MyClient.ConnectSocket("127.0.0.1",7)
  DO UNTIL MyClient.Status=7 ' Connected
    Wait(0.1)
    PRINT "CONECTING..."
  LOOP
  PRINT "OK"

END

Works OK using QT, but when I try to use it without QT, the
loop never ends...

Regards,

Daniel Campos

NOTE : the version of networking component I sent to the list,
could not work correctly without QT, as I forgot to add '-lpthread'
in 'LIBS' at MakeFile. When QT is loaded, there's no problem
as it loads al threading libraries, but if you want to test
the component without QT, you should recompile it adding
LIBS= -lpthread at MakeFile