[Gambas-user] GAMBAS 0.57 Type mismatch...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Sat May 31 22:32:16 CEST 2003

Le Samedi 31 Mai 2003 21:31, Claus a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the EXEC Command in the GAMBAS-Version 0.57.
> I' ve tried to execute a programm via the shell, but GAMBAS always shows
> the following error:
>
> Type mismatch: wanted Sting[], got String instead
>
> What is going wrong there ??
>
> Claus

Hi Claus,

EXEC needs a string array as its first argument, not only a string like SHELL.

Instead of doing:

  EXEC ComboBox1.Text FOR READ WRITE AS myProcess

do that:

  EXEC [ ComboBox1.Text ] FOR READ WRITE AS myProcess

[ & ] can be used for creating arrays: see the Array entry in the gambas
encyclopaedia.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...