[Gambas-user] Re:More problem installing gambas (was Re: [Gambas-devel] More problem installing gambas)

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...142...
Mon May 26 00:41:08 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini wrote:

>Le Dimanche 25 Mai 2003 21:14, Jean-Francois Perreault a écrit :
>

>>Hi,
>>

>Hi,
>

>>(I moved this to devel since this is an issue with gambas itself)
>>

>Game over ! The gambas-devel is used for gambas development topics. You should
>have sent this mail to the user mailing-list.

emm , well sorry then , from now on I'll keep this on the user mailing list

>>I'm still trying to install gambas (now 0.57) but it just won't work :\
>>

>Always on a gentoo ?

yes same systems as before , that is probably a big part of the problem

>>so far I tried with --disable-qt-component and --disable-kde-component
>>and that gave me
>>
>>ERROR: #27: Cannot load library '/opt/gambas/lib/lib.gb.qt.la': file not
>>found
>>

>Logical, the IDE needs the qt component ! How could the IDE display a GUI
>without it ?

I though maybe it would fall back on more basic X11 widget , or maybe
that the IDE was sort of self contained and would work with on qt run
time libs and that maybe the qt component was only needed when a program
was running inside the interpreter , anyway I was just reporting the
error and testing all possibilities even though I am not familiar with
the inner working of gambas and can only guess of how to fix my problem

btw , does this mean that to run a program built with gambas , gambas
must be installed ? is there a way to statically link gambas application
with gambas libs so that they will run on another system without
installing gambas ?

>>I included a strace when trying with these options
>>
>>I also tried with the qt component and without the kde component but
>>that just segfault
>>

>Where ?

sorry , my bad , forgot to attach them , they are attached to this
message this time

>>I also included an strace
>>
>>I also tried with both kde and qt components but that as before crash
>>during make install at the "Creating the library info files..." step
>>
>>is there any way to fix this ? why does this work on other distributions
>>? is it because they use earlier version or glibc or kde ?
>>could I fix this by downgrading glibc/kde ?
>>

>No idea, you should give complete information on your system. Even with that,
>it will be difficult to help you, but without it is absolutely impossible. I
>can't read mind :-)

I test on multiple systems and alway ended up with the same result so
I'll only tell you about what has not changed between the systems
if I left anything out tell me

they are all x86

they all use these components versions

glib 2.2.1
glibc 2.3.1-r4
gcc 3.2.2
gcc-config 1.3.1-r1
kdelibs 3.1.1a (most of kde is 3.1.1 but core packages are 3.1.1a)

I can go more in details than that but I don't know exactly what
information is relevant to the problem beside this
could you be more specific ? or I can also send you every bit I can find
about these system if you want

>>also I noticed configure script re-execute itself with
>>--enable-ltdl-convenience at the end , could that have anything to do
>>with my problem ?
>>

>It does not rexecute itself, it configure the libtool package that is a tool
>provided by GNU that has its own configure script in its own directory.
>

>>thanks ,
>>

>Not at all,

what does -that- mean ?

--