[Gambas-user] Printing

Ken Schrock schrockk at ...137...
Thu May 22 02:17:50 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 5:44 pm, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Well, it is a little strange...
> > I started with a test on a form
> >
> >   DIM mypic AS Picture
> >   mypic = NEW Picture
> >   mypic.load("/root/Projects/testdraw/gambas.gif")
> >   Draw.begin(ME)
> >   Draw.rect(100, 100, 200, 200)
> >   Draw.line(120,120,280,280)
> >   Draw.picture(mypic)
> >   Draw.end()

[snip]

> > However, it cuts about 35 pixels off the top
>
> Could you send me your project so that I see what you mean ?

No real project, just playing, the test code at the top
With the ME replaced with Printer after the addition of
DIM foobar AS Printer, i.e.

DIM foobar AS Printer
DIM mypic AS Picture
   mypic = NEW Picture
   mypic.load("/root/Projects/testdraw/gambas.gif")
   Draw.begin(Printer)
   Draw.rect(100, 100, 200, 200)
   Draw.line(120,120,280,280)
   Draw.picture(mypic)
   Draw.end()

When done on the form all is ok
The pic is in the upper left corner of the form
When done to the printer, the top half of the pic is cut off
(The pic is your mascot in a 128x70 gif, so about 35 pixels)
The left margin is fine, about 6mm, the "unprintable" area

--
Using Lindows