[Gambas-user] Query Retrive single value ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Fri May 9 11:53:36 CEST 2003

Le Vendredi 9 Mai 2003 02:48, Andrew Morrison a écrit :
> All:
> 	Can anyone tell me if you can program keyboard keys into gambas. For
> instance on my chat program i want to be able to hit the return key
> instead of clicking the send button if anyone can help me this it would
> be much appreciated.
>
> Andrew

The KeyPress event is for that.

FUNCTION xxxx_KeyPress(Ascii AS String, Code AS Integer, State AS Integer) AS
Boolean

  Ascii -> Bad term. It is in fact the UTF-8 text associated with the key.
  It can contains many characters.

  Code -> The key code. Compare its value this way:

  IF Code = Key["Space"] THEN ... ' Test the space key

  State -> Mouse.Control + Mouse.Shift + Mouse.Alt

  RETURN TRUE -> To cancel the key event

END

--
Benoit Minisini