[Gambas-user] gambas 0.50

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 16 22:39:59 CET 2003

Hello everybody !

Here is the 0.50 gambas version...

!!!! BE CAREFUL !!!! older gambas projects are not compatible with this
version, without elbow grease.

READ THE CHANGELOG CAREFULLY !

Then, what's new ?

- Gambas project are now translatable, so the incompatibility.
- Nigel Gerrard has written an experimental MySQL database driver.

To port an older gambas project into this new version, you must ensure that
your project source files (*.module, *.class, *.form) do not contain any
non-ASCII characters, and that you do not use the '§' character into your
identifiers - like I did myself, what stupid I was ! :-)

If you have used the '§' character, you can replace it by the '$' character.

If you have used non-ASCII characters, you must use the iconv program to
translate your source files from your local character set into UTF-8.

Now, every displayed string managed by Gambas is internally stored in UTF-8 !
So are the source files. The advantage is the following : you can use any
language - well I'm not sure for Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, i.e. languages
that you do not write from left to right and up to bottom.

Enjoy it !

--
Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...