[Gambas-user] NVIDIA driver problem confirmation

Lorenzo Morselli lmorselli at ...86...
Mon Mar 17 01:55:39 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 13:34, Fabien wrote:

> please
>
> send me how you install the driver... (i don't understabd how to do)
>
> and where you found it (url...)

I downloaded them from Nvidia (www.nvidia.com) some time ago.
Now you'll find only the buggy version :(
If you want, I'll send you the good ones.

For installing them:
Log in as root in console.
Decompress the 2 tgz archives (kernel and glx) on /usr/source
cd into each one and "make install" them

Now edit your XF86Config-4 file:

In section "Module" add
Load "glx" if you haven't it.

If you have these liner remove htem:
Load  "dri"
Load  "GLcore"

In section Driver change the line Driver "nv" to Driver "nvidia"

 If you want to know more, there is a complete installing guide on
nvidia driver page.

Bye

--
Lorenzo Morselli