[Gambas-user] Using projects as libraries

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jun 28 18:47:40 CEST 2003

On Saturday 28 June 2003 05:53, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> I have added a new keyword, USE, to tell the interpreter to take classes
> into another Gambas archive.

Gambas archive meaning a compiled Gambas executable, some new compiled Gambas
library object, or just a directory full of Gambas source files?  I'd be okay
with that in any of those cases, btw.

> 3) In the component directory (/opt/gambas/lib by default). This way, we
> can add global classes (such as an InputBox :-)) to every gambas project.

This part sounds especially good, because then "libraries" written in Gambas
would have nearly the same ease of use as those written in C/C++.

But I'm assuming that if you made a form in such a project that you wished to
use as a control in other projects, it still wouldn't appear in the Gambas
IDE's toolbox - you'd have to instantiate it and place the control
programmatically at runtime.  Is that accurate?

Rob