[Gambas-user] Using projects as libraries

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Sat Jun 28 11:53:49 CEST 2003

Hello everybody,

I have just added the possibility of using projects as libraries on my own
box, and I wanted to have your opinion.

How does it work ?

I have added a new keyword, USE, to tell the interpreter to take classes into
another Gambas archive.

For example, let's suppose you have two gambas projects in the same directory.

-+--- MyProjects

   +---Test

   +---MyClasses

I want to use the classes of the MyClasses project in the Test project. To do
that, I just to add the following add in the Main() function of Test:

STATIC PUBLIC SUB Main()

  USE "MyClasses"

END

Then, the Gambas intepreter will search a gambas archive with the name passed
to USE in the following directories:

1) In the same directory than where Test is stored.

2) If a directory with the good name is found in the same directory, then this
directory is search for a gambas archive (it is supposed to be a gambas
project).

3) In the component directory (/opt/gambas/lib by default). This way, we can
add global classes (such as an InputBox :-)) to every gambas project.

What do you think of that ?

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...