[Gambas-user] gambas 0.58

Radoslav Dejanovic radoslav.dejanovic at ...116...
Mon Jun 16 11:08:08 CEST 2003

On Saturday 14 June 2003 09:38 pm, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> Gambas 0.58 is out.
>
> This version should work on: SuSE, Gentoo, RedHat, and on systems using
> drivers from NVidia !!

It compiles fine on SuSE 8.2, but there's a little problem in install: it
can't find the libqt-mt.so because the library is named differently.
This can be easily fixed with this command:

ln -s     /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3      /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so

After that, the install procedure goes just fine.
I've tried to fire up IDE and it opens just nicely, and it seem to work.
However, when I tried to select different font for a text frame,  IDE bailed
out with this message:

FProperty.SaveProperty.256: #13: Null object

I've tried it several times, sometimes it changes the font to the desired
value, sometimes it bails out... it seems that I can't reproduce it in
consistent manner. I've tried to change fonts over and over, and sometimes
it crashes, sometimes not. I presume it might happen in this case: since I
have "focus follows mouse" and many windows open, it might be that I
accidentaly switch focus to some other window, at which time properties
window changes to reflect the other window, and when I try to apply new font,
it crashes. I've tested this on source window, and it crashes every time:

1. I open a form, button, whatever
2. I click on font property of a regular object to get font chooser
3. I move my mouse over the source window, to give it a focus; properties
window in fact does change to something (!)
4. I try to apply new font selection and voila - boom, crash, bang! :)

Now that would explain that "Null object". Is it possible to force Gambas to
stick properties window to selected object, to avoid switching between
objects and components just by moving the mouse over them?

--
Radoslav Dejanović
Operacijski sustavi d.o.o.     http://www.opsus.hr