[Gambas-user] Help me!! I need to use Serial IN/OUT!!! :-(

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Wed Jun 11 19:02:09 CEST 2003

Le Mercredi 11 Juin 2003 20:18, Dimitri Bellini a écrit :
> Hi all
> 	i need help to create a basic input/output program i see every mail in the
> list but nothing to do...
> Yes i can read a data ... but i must collect the incoming data in real time
> and show it in a form with some modification so i dont use a external tool.
> When i use the Open file Direct and grab a line with INPUT LINE the program
> stop until a new data is arrived... azz... I dont understand how can i
> solve this problem....
> Please help me... I'm not a C programer :-) There is some one that have
> made a module Like MSComm for Gambas.
> Thanks in Advance
> Dimitri

Hi, Dimitri.

There is all what you need inside the interpreter, but I haven't created the
corresponding instruction yet.

I think this instruction will have the following syntax:

  WATCH "/dev/ttyS0" FOR READ WRITE AS #hFile

And you will get events, like the EXEC instruction.

I must write an event loop into the interpreter first - There is a post
somewhere about that.

Be patient :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...