[Gambas-user] docs

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jun 7 21:01:47 CEST 2003

On Saturday 07 June 2003 10:19, Ken Schrock wrote:
> Have you done a browser check on this?
> Some of the fonts on some of the pages
> Are really HUGE in some browsers

Yes, that's a problem with how the wiki handles table tags from the code.  I
started going through and converting them to Wiki tables last night, made it
through all of the "Language concepts" pages but I'm sure there are lots more
where that came from.

Apart from that, to use automatic table of contents generation (on the pages
with more than one item on them) you need to use the H1/H2/H3 etc. tags and
it wouldn't surprise me if H1 used quite a large font on some people's
browsers.  On mine it's like a 20 point font but I'll try to check them out
on some other browsers.  (I don't really have access to IE here for example
though.  I guess I could try to run it through Crossover.)

> I see a lot of things like _Example_ that seem odd
> Were the underscores intentional or conversion errors?

Conversion errors.... I didn't realize it at the time, but in the wiki to make
something italic you need (space)_something_(space) and there were a lot of
errant HTML tags in there which screwed that up.  I deleted all those with
some more regular expressions last night but again I'm sure there are more
examples of that and I'll have to find them manually.  Or anyone who finds
them can correct them ;)  Though probably not with the component class
symbols since it seems I'll be generating them from Benoit's documentation
for the foreseeable future.

> How about the VB DIFF icon at the top of the page idea?
> Would you like me to do anything, and if so what?

Well, that VB DIFF thing will be entirely manual and requires someone with
expertise in both VB and Gambas, so you're welcome to start doing that.  I'll
try adding a (name of page)VBDiff link to all the pages at some point (I'll
post and email you when I have) and you can start clicking on them and
creating pages for those differences.  Eventually maybe I can turn those
links to %INCLUDE statements with entries in the table of contents for each
page.

Rob