[Gambas-user] Newbie Quetions on Gambas Wiki

Jay jtloos03 at ...159...
Fri Jun 6 13:41:02 CEST 2003

Was looking at the tutorial and trying some of the examples. The
examples I have tried work except for one and I was wondering why?

>' Gambas class file
>
>STATIC PUBLIC SUB Main()
>  DIM hform AS Fmain
>  hform = NEW Fmain
>  hform.show
>END
>
>PUBLIC SUB _new()
>

> /*this clears the Drawing Area*/
>
>  da.Clear()
>

> /* 'All the drawing activities have to be captioned by
> '   Draw.Begin(<DrawingArea>)
> '      and
> '   Draw.End
> */
>
>  Draw.Begin(da)
>    Draw.Rect(5, 5, 8, 9)
>    Draw.Ellipse(50, 50, 100, 100, 0, 50)
>  Draw.End
>END

I have version .57 or the latest version and I am under ELX Linux 2.0.
The code will work if I put it in a subroutine under left mouse click ,
run the program and push the left mouse button .  It is then the 2
images show up.  They just don't draw themselves under the code above
for some reason.
  Thanks for the help and the little tutorial to help get me going.