[Gambas-user] Crashes with pictures

Volker Schmid vschmid at ...210...
Thu Jul 31 17:32:37 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have a lot of strange problems using Gambas 0.62 (Madrake 9.1 with Kudla-RPM's).

If I place a picture (PNG-Format with 800x800 pixels) in the project-folder and draw a simple Image-Control onto the form it is everything ok. But if I want to set the Picture-Property (pressing the [...] button) the whole IDE crashes. I think the picture is to great to handle for the file-requester?

There are also many errors when I try to load this picture into a picture-control. I found no way to do this. The builtin Icon-Editor can open and display this picture with no problems (Right-Click and Edit).

Then I try this:

PicRennstrecke.Picture = Picture["Rennstrecke.png"]

And after every error ("The program has returned the value: 1" followed by "Unknown Symbol 'Picture' in class 'DrawingArea'"), I have to restart the Gambas-IDE, because the program won't compile a second time to test something.

If I set a Code like this:

DIM KoordX[200] AS Integer
KoordX[200]=10

The whole program says "The program has returned the value: 1" followed by "Out of bounds". This is ok, but after this error I can't compile anymore. I have to close and restart Gambas.

How can I help to identify those problems?

Grüsse,

Volker