[Gambas-user] Types? Records?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Mon Jul 28 23:05:19 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 28 Juillet 2003 18:51, Nelson Ferraz a écrit :
> > You would use classes for that.  I don't know how to get a binary
> > formatted concatenation of the whole record like in C automatically, but
> > it shouldn't be too tough to write a function to do that and make it a
> > property get function.
>
> Hmmm... this may be off-topic, but it would be nice to add the concept
> of serializable, persistent and prevalent objects to Gambas:
>
> "Object prevalence is inherently and conceptually simple and can be
> implemented in any object-oriented programming language that can
> serialize an object -- a feature in many modern OO languages.
>
> In a prevalent system, everything is kept in RAM, as though you were
> just using a programming language. Serializable command objects manage
> all the necessary changes required for persistence."
>
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-objprev/?loc=dwmain
>
> Nelson

Great ! Fascinating as said M. Spock ! I have just downloaded the source
package of the prevalent system to study it.

I have already begun to study a simple persistent system for Gambas objects
that maps them to relational databases.

Prevalent systems may be a better solution !

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...