[Gambas-user] OT: and in the "too little too late" department

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Jul 22 04:03:01 CEST 2003

...RealBASIC announces Linux runtime support in the next version, but you'll
have to build your projects under Mac or Windows:

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/cb_headline.cgi?&story_file=bw.072103/232025288&directory=/google&header_file=header.htm&footer_file=

They make a point of noting they already have a VB project, form and code
converter, so we'd better get coding some more ;)  I've been waiting for an
announcement like this for about 3 years now, and would have been the first
in line back then to pay for it if I could develop under Linux, but to
announce so little when Gambas has come so far in recent months kind of
underwhelms me.

RealBASIC is a good product and one which no shop with both Macs and an IT
staff should presently be without, in my book, and there are probably some
people on this list for whom it could be a viable solution at $400, but this
announcement just makes me want to work on Gambas more.

Rob