[Gambas-user] updated component doc export

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jul 20 07:52:39 CEST 2003

Benoit,

I finally updated my component export program to work with 0.62 (albeit with
.help files from 0.58... I was able to generate .info files for 0.62 but not
.help files since they're obsolete now.)  So the component docs out there on
GambasTest are from 0.62 and apart from a few minor cosmetic things like
moving constants out of the events section like you asked, everything should
be the same.  Well, the new export is a little more up to date of course,
too.

The only big difference is that each class's page is just a shell that
includes the exported data and invites people (in HTML comments) to add
examples and commentary.  My hope is that the change is not visible to the
user unless they edit something.  If it looks good to you, tomorrow or Monday
I'll blow away the existing component documentation and replace it with this
export.

The next version of the extract will just be something that takes info files
generated with gbi -f and produces export files for the classes and symbols
that can be safely dropped into place in the wiki without overwriting
people's comments.  I think that'll be pretty easy (probably just a short
perl script) but I guess the proof will be when 0.63 is ready ;)

http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/GambasTest/ should get you in....
of course, everything else besides component docs on that test wiki is
terribly out of date, including the list of components and classes.  I
suppose I'll need to start generating that in the export for each component
as well.

Rob