[Gambas-user] Dynamic processes and killing them

Brian Snipes bsnipes at ...21...
Sat Jul 19 16:43:12 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 22:43, Rob wrote:
> On Friday 18 July 2003 23:08, Brian Snipes wrote:
> > clicked on.  There is also a delete button that I want to remove the
> > list item and kill the process that goes along with that item.  I can't
> > seem to figure out how to determine how to remove this process.  Here is
> >         EXEC ["ping", txtInsert.text] FOR READ AS myProcess
> >       TRY Process.kill(myPid)
>
> Process.Kill isn't static, so you would need to be using myProcess.kill (with
> no argument.)
>
> Also, every time you insert a new process you're overwriting your public
> myProcess variable and thus losing the reference to the previous ping, so
> maybe you want to be doing an array or collection of process objects rather
> than just the one.
>
> Rob

I take it the declaration of the array would be :

    PRIVATE myProcess AS String[]

But how do I add that to the EXEC line for keeping track of it.  I've tried:

     EXEC ["ping", txtInsert.text] FOR READ WRITE AS myProcess().add

but I get a 'Null Object' error on that line when it tries to execute.

Thanks Rob and Benoit,
Brian